Tuesday, November 22, 2011

quick thanksgiving dinner for a smaller crowd

I hope you all are enjoying the beautiful crisp Autumn days we have been having. This is my favorite time of the year! The food, the gatherings, the upcoming holidays----I have been busy in my craft room and kitchen creating all sorts of goodies for the holiday season. In fact, that is about all I have managed to get done since it now gets dark at 5:00! My brain has no interest in what time the clock says, it faithfully shuts down every day as soon as the sun begins setting. I can hardly believe it is time for Thanksgiving. I hope you all have a lovely holiday with friends and family. If you have a small gathering this year, here is a recipe that you make in the slow cooker that is simple and delicious. Thank you, Carol Sherwood from Batavia, NY for inventing such a savory delight!
Slow Cooker Turkey and Dressing:
1 box stuffing mix
1/2 cup hot water 
2 TBSP softened butter
1 chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery 
1/4 cup sweetened, dried cranberries
3-lb. boneless turkey breast
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp. salt
1. Spread stuffing mix in greased slow cooker ( I use butter)
2. Add water, butter, celery,onion, and cranberries. Mix well.
3. Sprinkle turkey with basil and salt. place over stuffing mixture.
4. Cover. Cook on low 5-6 hours, or until turkey is done but not dry.
Serve and enjoy! 
Happy Turkey Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment