Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Lake House Peach Cobbler

I have always been very fond of peach cobbler. I have tried a number of different recipes over the years, many of them time intense and complicated. I came across this simple delight about 15 years ago and, hands down, it is my favorite. It receives rave reviews any time I serve it and goes well with just about any meal. I always keep a can of peaches in my pantry because it is also terrific for those last minute occasions!
It is perfect for our Lake House state of mind because it is SO simple. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Peach Cobbler
1 stick butter
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
pinch of salt
3/4 cup milk
1 15oz can sliced peaches in light syrup
Preheat oven to 350.
Melt butter in casserole dish while oven is preheating.
Mix together flour,sugar, baking powder, salt and milk.
Pour over melted butter---do not stir!
Pour entire can of peaches,including juice, over mixture. Again, do not stir!
I sprinkle the top with cinnamon-sugar and bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes or until crust is golden. 
Fantastic served warm with a nice dollop of vanilla ice cream!







No comments:

Post a Comment